Often times we see our flaws and try our best to camaflauge them. In extreme cases some even result to plastic surgery when their flaws are physical. The flaws I hated most about myself was as follow.. Big head, big lips, big teeth, and big bags under my eyes. Whew! If you was to ask me a few years ago I would have told you that I HATED the way I looked. I would always get such sweet compliments from people but i was incapable of receiving them. Why? Because I didn’t see myself the way others including God saw me. I couldn’t get pass the “flaws” and negative mindset I formed against myself over the years. Instead of embracing the way my Creator formed me with His mighty hands… I chose to imitate others in the way I talked, dressed, you name it… I was mimicking SOMETHING or somebody because in my eyes I was NEVER enough. I spent money on futile things trying to enhance the way I look only to still feel worthless. Why? Because my problem wasn’t external it was internal.
When I sit back and think about all the precious time I wasted trying to be someone else…. It hurts! The time we are given on this earth is only temporary… And to think I wasted any of it by not embracing ME is insulting. Not insulting to me but to my precious heavenly Father. My creator! The One who took His precious time molding and shaping me into His image. He is the potter and I am the clay… And I’m forever grateful NOW that He even took time to mold and shape me into His image. To allow ourselves to think as though we aren’t pretty enough, smart enough, or brave enough should be unthinkable to us. Unthinkable because we should see ourselevs through the lens of God’s eyes. The enemy would love for us to continue beating ourselves up over our flaws but I want to encourage you to embrace them and be unapologetically YOU!!! Unique in all your ways.
When you look in the mirror what do you see? Do you see someone with endless potential? Or are you incapable of seeing it? Do you only see yourself the last place you failed? Is your worth still non-existent because of someone else’s opinion of you? To often we place our value and worth in the hands of others then we’re left broken when they leave.
If you’re feeling bad about yourself and the flaws you carry I need you to look in the mirror, denounce the lies from Satan, turn that frown upside down, and speak words of affirmation to yourself. Remind yourself of who you are, WHOSE you are, and who you belong to. Your creator makes no mistakes. He sees you and think you’re wonderfully made. You were made in HIS image. How fascinating is that?? He loves your flaws and think they’re BEAUTIFUL. What we label ugly, unusable, and worthless God can use to bring himself glory. That’s what it’s all about anyway right? Right!😏😊
So instead of focusing on everything you’re not.. embrace everything you are! Instead of looking at yourself through the lens of self hurt, lies from Satan and his little messengers retrain your thoughts. Take those negative thoughts captive and make them be in alignment with God’s word.
Tips to consider:
1) Look in the mirror and speak affirmations to yourself (Hey, it sounds crazy 🤷🏾♀️but it works🙄)
2) Retrain your thoughts with God’s word. The only way to know who you are and what you posses is to seek your creator
3) Sepereate yourself from any negative people. If you stay around people who constantly puts you down they will continue suppressing the work you’re doing to escape from old mindset you carried
4) Pray! Yes, pray! Ask God to remove anything in you that doesn’t please Him. Ask Him to show you who you are and why you were created. He’s such a loving Father that he’ll send people your way to confirm what He speaks.
5) Allow yourself to feel beautiful and confident. Contrary to popular belief.. just because you’re confident and walk with your held high doesn’t mean you’re conceited. It’s a beautiful thing when God sets you free from bondage. Walk boldly yet HUMBLE in that freedom He gives you.
Thank you so much for reading my blog and my prayer is that you evaluate the way you see yourself and what you label flaws. Be confident in the way you were created. God makes no mistakes. Embrace YOU, SHINE bright, and light this world up.
I love you all so much